Buying a home is one of the most significant purchases we make in life. For those who are ready to take the leap into homeownership, Andy and his team are the perfect guides along the way. The Andy Esbenshade Team is more than Real Estate group; they’re committed community leaders who are passionate about helping first time buyers navigate the process.
Ready to read a few tips from the team? Remember, buying a house is more than a purchase: it’s an educational experience and a welcoming introduction to your new community.
Do your Research
The following steps are essential for all new prospective buyers. Follow the links to learn more about each topic.
- Research the current housing market in your area of interest
- Calculate the amount of money you’re able to spend on a mortgage each month
- Utilize an online tool to prepare an estimated monthly cost in your price range
- Prepare and save for a down payment
- Estimate and plan for closing costs
- Maintain an emergency fund for unexpected house projects, like a leaking roof, or unplanned life events, like the loss of a job
After you’ve finalized your budget and how much you are comfortable spending, it’s time to begin searching for a realtor. Finding a dedicated realtor, like one of our team members at the Andy Esbenshade Team, will be an important part of your journey. Why should you hire a realtor? The list is exhaustive, but includes:
- Showing you a wide, extensive list of properties
- Negotiating with the seller and possible other bidders
- Offering expertise in the industry
- Providing guidance on all aspects of the process–from offering the 411 on a location to renovation ideas, your realtor will wear many hats
Additionally, first time home buyers should visit the US Department of Housing and Urban Development. This site provides excellent information on shopping for loans and understanding your rights.
Shopping for your House
Welcome to the fun part of the journey. During this step, you and your realtor will visit many different homes. You’ll realtor will be responsible for showing you houses that fit all of your requirements: budget, amount of bedrooms preferred, desired location. As you visit different houses, keep a list of things you like and dislike. Share this list openly with your realtor so he/she can continue to find the right home for you.
While it may be difficult to find the perfect home, finding a home that is right for you is a reasonable and achievable goal. Keep in mind that a home has unlimited potential and many upgrades and changes can be made over time. Many first-time buyers cannot afford to buy a dream home but should look to the opportunity with excitement. Making a house your own can be a rewarding endeavor.
While the process may seem intimidating, there are hundreds of helpful resources designed to guide the first-time homebuyer throughout this exciting journey. If you feel ready to begin this process, contact Andy and his team. They’re ready and waiting to help you find the home that’s right for you.